276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Silent Teacher: The Gift of Body Donation

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alexander Renkl discusses the different types of self-explanation prompts in his interview with Ollie Lovell here How to deal with students who say they hate maths or are no good at maths – Julia Smith – audio– video

Develop competing hypotheses when observing teaching and learning – Ollie Lovell and Craig Barton – video If felt a bit too long for the amount of topics it covered. I felt like reducing the repetition by about 20% might feel better. Alternatively, I think interleaving some of the topics, or having more variations of problems within each topic, or occasional problems that combine multiple previous skills would help improve that too. This is the simplest of our courses. It focuses on calculating proportions and cross multiplying, concepts that many adults don't master.In one year the 40 to 50 bodies that arrive at Edinburgh University, for example, will benefit 1500 medical students during their five years studying there. Read More Related Articles The surgeon wanted to see if it would be possible to remove the tumour and asked if he could access a cadaver to see what exactly would be involved in the surgery. The whole operating team came to see how they might remove this tumour and what complications they might face. The teacher’s silence demands visual attention from the children and puts a spotlight on the demonstration.

This also applies to the many people who develop a complex as soon as a friend or a teacher tries to explain something technical to them. Good news for them: in Silent Teacher there is nothing of all that, you are left alone to figure it all out, no one to explain anything to you, the teacher is silent !In the absence of teacher explanation or narration of events, students must piece together the pattern or meaning themselves, developing focus, attention, and problem solving skills. Elm Silent Teacher is open-source; you can find the code at https://github.com/elm-time/elm-time/tree/main/implement/elm-time/ElmTime/learn-elm Some letters are not used, to avoid some confusions between letters and numbers (o / zero, l / 1, s / 5). Annoying muiltiplication came up several times (specifically 7 * 9 and 8 * 6). Since the content was meant to be about learning Elm and not about practicing multiplication, I found that distracting. Tip four hole this is a biggie Allah Our adequate thinking time, there’s a real danger that we do this all the time, when we’re doing our modelling, we go too fast because of curse of knowledge, we understand this. So we don’t appreciate just how difficult something might be for students. But particularly when you’re kind of doing things in silence, the silence can feel like it’s lasting forever, when actually, it’s only taken a few seconds. So if you want your students to go through that process, we just talked about what’s he just done? What’s he going to do next, they’re going to need time to do that. And it may only be a few seconds, but every time we write a line, a key line, it’s important that we step away from the board, and give students that time to process what’s he just done? What’s he going to do next, then we return and write the next line and pause again. So they have an opportunity to take that in was what happened, what they expected to happen. And as I say, this only needs to be a few seconds each time. But it’s important, we get into that habit that we don’t just race through line after line with no opportunity for students to reflect. And as I say, that’s why I find stepping away from the board can slow me down and also provide that prompt that it’s time for students to self explain.

For example, you might be teaching maths and showing children how to do the Gelosia multiplication method. You do this showing all the steps involved without saying a word.The Silent Way is the name of a method of language teaching devised by Caleb Gattegno and is centred on learning through awareness and movements. They are guided by a series of questions that start off simple and become increasingly difficult, so that they can use trial and error to work out the rules and logic that lie behind these puzzles. Tom Gillingwater, professor of anatomy at Edinburgh University, has overall responsibility for the teaching and research activities that involve the body donors. Fluency in the four operations is a cornerstone of developing mathematical understanding – Julia Smith – audio– video Begin your explanations as a series of questions that everyone can answer – Michael Pershan – audio– video

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment